If you believe a thread should be deleted please can you reply to this thread and do two things:
1) Provide a link to the thread
2) Provide a short reason why it should be deleted
What will get deleted
- Posts that are too critical of someone's personal life, especially if about other job market candidates. If criticizing others in the profession try to make it about their work.
- Threads with swear words in the title
- Content that is too sexually explicit, especially if not marked NSFW
- Blatant racism, homophobia and sexism. Race and gender issues can be discussed, but threads that aim to provoke unnecessarily will be deleted.
- Duplication or no added value to a recently active post
- Threads with all capital letters in the title
- Copyright infringement
- Overly aggressive or insulting posts against other users
- Complaints about moderation, these should be kept to this thread or emailed to me
- Spamming the board
What may be deleted / or moved
- Threads started in the wrong subforum, particularly if it should have been in off topic
- Obvious / boring trolling. At least make it interesting/amusing if you want to survive.
- Poor jokes & time wasting threads
What won't get deleted
- Posts that you don't agree with but a considerable number of people are ok with. This board allows for open minded discussion, you can't expect to get your way because you are more sensitive than the majority.
What is the spirit of moderation?
- Light touch, you won't notice it unless you are looking to cause trouble.
Want to get in touch?
Send an email to SJMR's moderator, beakman, at firstname.lastname@example.org or to SJMR's administrator, Kirk, at email@example.com and let us know you've emailed by posting below. All emails will be kept confidential.
Please note that there may be some delay before a malicious thread or post is deleted. We will do our best to delete them as soon as possible.